After a morning league match or workout, I don’t feel like eating a big breakfast. But I know that refueling my body and providing myself with fiber and protein will help me stay full longer and give me the energy I need to stay focused the rest of the day. That’s why my go-to is a nutritious smoothie bowl.
It’s a cold treat that’s also a healthy snack!
This chocolate smoothie bowl is loaded with lots of deliciousness, as well as potassium, protein, calcium, iron, and fiber, making it the perfect post-match/workout snack!
Creamy Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- ½ medium banana frozen
- ½ avocado peeled and seeded
- 3 prunes
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add the almond milk to your blender first, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth, pausing a few times to stir the mixture if necessary.
- Pour this creamy deliciousness into 2 bowls and top with your favorite toppings.