I love it when my partner brings her yummy 7-layer bean dip to our home matches. I swear, I could eat the whole thing by myself!
This easy-to-make Mexican dip has layers of flavored refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, olives and green onion… perfect to nosh on after a league match!
The secret to this bean dip is flavored refried beans. Canned refried beans are bland and boring, so these are seasoned with a little cumin, garlic powder and chili powder, though you could also use pre-packaged taco seasoning.Print
Easy 7-Layer Bean Dip
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 18 servings 1x
- Category: league snacks
- 2 (15 oz) cans refried beans (black or pinto)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¾ cup your favorite salsa
- 5 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 6 oz black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, diced (optional garnish)
- tortilla chips
- Add the refried beans to a mixing bowl. Season with chili powder, cumin and garlic powder (or 2 tbsp. of your favorite packaged taco seasoning). Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Spread beans into a single layer on a large serving plate or in a 9″x13” pan.
- Add the avocados and lime juice to a bowl and mash well with a fork. Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the beans, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the sour cream evenly over the avocados, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of salsa all over the top of the sour cream layer, and then gently spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, followed by the olives and green onion. You could also add a diced tomato for a colorful garnish (optional).
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 654.6mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 26.9mg
- Potassium: 345mg