It’s always a good time to grab some protein after a match or workout, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a protein drink. There are plenty of easy to make food options that have the protein your sore muscles need to recover. And these breakfast-y quesadillas have just that!
I whipped these up one day after a morning run because the flavors sounded yummy, and because that’s pretty much all that I had for snacking (I hate grocery shopping, lol!)
Y’all really need to try this. The warm banana and almond butter practically melt in your mouth… mmmmmm! I can almost taste it right now!
I used whole wheat tortillas, but you could use regular flour, corn or a gluten-free variation if you want. Just FYI – the whole wheat version adds 6 grams protein per tortilla, and they taste great!
The next time you’re wanting a snack that’s healthy, is fiber, potassium, protein-packed, and naturally sweetened, make these Pomegranate Banana Quesadillas with Almond Butter!
Pomegranate Banana Quesadillas With Almond Butter
- 2 large tortillas I used whole wheat, but you can use any kind
- 4 tbsp organic almond butter
- 1 large organic banana sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- First, preheat a large non-stick pan to medium/high heat. Rub with coconut oil.
- Then, prep quesadillas by spreading on about 3 tablespoons of almond butter on each tortilla (make sure to leave about an inch to the side so it doesn’t ooze almond butter everywhere when you close it.
- Top HALF of the tortilla with sliced banana, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon. Then, fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook quesadillas for about 3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla begins to brown.
- Cut each in half, and enjoy.