I love the Christmas spirit and all, but it’s December 1, and I’m already burned out on the Christmas tunes that have been playing in every store since the day after Thanksgiving. I swear, if I hear José Feliciano’s ‘Feliz Navidad’ one more time, I’m gonna break something, lol!
One thing I will never not love about Christmas is all of the seasonal goodies. Take snickerdoodle cookies, for instance. Aren’t they just the best? Serve them up warm with some cold milk… yum! (My mouth just watered as I typed that.)
And since it is snickerdoodle season, I figured I’d try something different and make some snickerdoodle energy bites. Bite-sized healthy goodness that tastes like my favorite Christmas cookie? YAAAASSSSSS!
Y’all these Snickerdoodle Energy Bites are the bomb!
Or as my doubles partner said, “um, Dana… these taste like cinnamon sugar donut holes. Are you sure they’re healthy?”
YES! They are made with 10 ingredients and all natural–plus they’re loaded with protein and fiber to help maintain a healthy gut.
Once the Snickerdoodle Energy Bites are formed, I simply roll them in a cinnamon coconut sugar mixture and O. M. G… they are so addictive! I made 2 batches yesterday, and between me and my hubby, there are none left today. No joke! So, make at least a double batch. TRUST ME!
Snickerdoodle Energy Balls
- 1 ½ cups regular oats
- ½ cup dry pitted dates
- ⅓ cup organic almond butter
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp water
CINNAMON SUGAR COATING
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add the regular oats, dates, almond butter, ground flaxseed, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract to your food processor and blend until finely diced.
- Add the melted coconut oil, honey and water. Blend until the mixture starts to get sticky. (If you need to add more water to make them bind together you can, this is just the amount I used.)
- Roll into 1″ balls and place on a parchment paper.
- To a small bowl, add the coconut sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix together well.
- Roll the energy balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Eat right away or store in ziplock bag in the refrigerator until ready to eat.