After a long match or workout sesh, it’s important to have a nutritious and restorative snack or meal to help your muscles and body recover.
Enter the strawberry, banana and mango recovery smoothie bowl!
It’s fast and easy, simple and yummy! It’s also high in protein (thanks to your fave protein powder), vitamin C, and other key nutrients like folate, potassium and manganese, making it the perfect recovery food.
And if you’re like me, and usually in a hurry to shower and get dressed for work, here’s a little tip:
Prep the fruit the night before and store it in a container (like a lidded mason jar) in the fridge or freezer, if you want it thicker. That way, when you’re done with your morning match or workout, all you have to do is toss the fruit into your blender and add protein powder and water. It’s SO easy!
So, do you normally chug down your smoothies without really savoring the delicious fruity flavors?
Then I’ve got a suggestion for you: pour your smoothie into a large soup bowl, top with some more fruit like strawberries and/or bananas, or maybe something entirely different like blackberries… whatever). And for an extra pop of protein, add some chopped nuts… mmmmmm! Now, eat it with a spoon. It’s a delicious smoothie that eats like a meal!
Strawberry Banana And Mango Recovery Smoothie Bowl
- 1 medium banana cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 scoop of your fave protein powder unflavored
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup if desired
- Place all ingredients in a blend, and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass (or bowl) and enjoy!
- This smoothie makes the perfect healthy meal replacement, or split it with your doubles partner as 2 smoothies.
- I use water as the base liquid, because with protein powder, the smoothie really doesn’t need any additional creamy liquids. But, if you prefer milk or almond milk, you can substitute. Coconut water is another great option!